18 month old baby killed in her own yard by minivan

What do you guys think? I sense some type of foul play here. It happened here in my hometown on Thursday. I was devasted, but I feel the family is hiding something.

ambr2006

Asked by ambr2006 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How did the baby even get out of the house? Why was the child in way of the minivan? I have so many questions but the police here is keeping this one on the hush right now for some reason.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• b/c ppl don't watch their kids... i was at my niece's bday party yesterday & my goober brother and his wife were letting their 4 y/o little girl get in the swimming pool by herself with just arm floaties on and let the 2 y/o play in a sand pit by herself grr it was scary
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• That is one of my fears. If I leave the house and my 3 year old is staying home. I literally get out and check the back of my car twice before driving off. It just takes a second. They can run out. It happens so often. So tragic.
    Anonymous

• If she was in her yard then she wouldn't have been in the way of the minivan. Something similar happened to a class mate of mines niece, a drunk driver drove right into her sister fenced garden and killed her 2 year old.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• if she was in her on yard how in the hell did the mini van hit her yea this story sounds a little fishy to me
    lagurl

Answer by lagurl at 1:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I agree with all of you moms. I do a roll call to make sure everyone is in the van. I cannot grasp on to losing a baby 18 months. I have so many questions for the mother, but unfortunately the story is on a quiet mode for now.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2009