would you prefer being with a man that has no childeren? or vice versa...

If you have kids of your own would you rather find a man with no kids from a prior relationship? Or do you find it easier to be with a man that has kids already and kinda knows about being a parent? ( talking about serious relationships not casual dating)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, for me I am in a serious relationship with a man who doesn't have any children. In a way it is easier but in others it is not. I think I would almost prefer he have one child or something. I say this because my fionce doesn't always understand WHY I should get along with my ex. He wants all these unreasonable rules that are just petty and I think its because he doesn't understand things. Me and my ex get along for our sons sake. We get along so well that we dont even have to go by our decree because we can just go with the flow and work together. My fionce thinks we should go by the decree and that I am being too nice. *sigh*
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I think its easier in the way that when my son goes to his fathers that me and my fionce get date nights and things. Something we wont be able to enjoy when we have our own children once we get married
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I always thought that I wanted a man with kids 1. because he would understand kids better and 2. I think it's kind of selfish for me to have kids and expect him to want me and not want a man with kids.

But I ended up with a man with no kids. Funny how things turn out. Sometimes I wish he had kids too because he has unreasonable expectations for children and if he ever wants kids, I can't give them to him because I had my tubes tied 10 years ago and I'm not willing to start over.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• After my ex and I split I dated both men with kids and men without. It was so much easier to date men without kids because on the weekends when my kids were at their dad's, we had the whole weekend to spend with just each other. One of the guys with kids that i dated, it seemed like every time my kids were at their dad's, then he had his kids with him.
    I ended up marrying a guy without kids and I definitely think it was easier on my kids not to have to get used to other kids in the house as well as their stepdad. We now have one child together, and I'd like to have another - we'll see.

Answer by missanc at 2:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My ex husband had a daughter and I was always told I was harder on her than my son, granted she was 4 and my son was like 12. I was harder on her, because I spoiled my son and he was rotten. I didn't want her to turn out like that. It is very hard with step-parents!

My husband now he's 24, has no children, we are TTC. My son is 16 so my husband is more my son's friend and mentor than his father.
    travswifey

Answer by travswifey at 3:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i think it's better to date a guy that has none because one thing you don't have to deal with the babymama drama that sometime come with it. i use to say i want a guy that has kids and don't want any more because i felt that if he didnt have any he would one day and i didnt want anymore. like tey say you need to watch what you ask for because im with a guy that have 3 other kids not counting the one we have together and on top of that i have two not counting the one we have together and girls it't not easy at all. it's drama with one of the babymama and the other one i don't speak to but her son and my boys really dont get a lone that well cause he like to try to fight alot and my kids are not fighter, they not lil gangster. so i wish i would have dated someone with no kids then thing would have been much easier for me and my kids
    Anonymous