Baptism gifts

I am attending a Baptism ceremony followed by dinner. It's been a while since I have attended one and forgot what is customary to give as a gift.

Suggestions?

PassionDiva_NY

Asked by PassionDiva_NY at 12:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't think you're expected to give a gift unless it's immedeate family
    Anonymous

• Perhaps $10 and a little gift...some of my favorites were...a little "protective emblem" that you hang by the crib asking a saint to watch over the baby and guardian angel pins...I pinned them onto the hoods of their infant carriers
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• A religious gift. Just go to your local religious store. There are so many things to choose from for baptisms.

Anonymous

• Unless you are a godparent or an immediate family member, it is not expected to give a gift. But if you feel obligated to give one, I agree with Anonymous 1:23pm and go to the religious store OR you can give a monetary gift.
    Anonymous

• If it is a Catholic baptism, a rosary or crucifix for the baby's room is appropriate, if not then any other religious gift.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2009