backpack Q

Do you buy 1 really GOOD backpack that will last or a Walmart or other not so great one with the understanding you'll almost certainly replace it throughout the year

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter is going to Pre-K ...They have to have clear or mesh bags here... I bought her a mesh one for about $50 and got her name and ballet slippers mongramed on it...the bag has a lifetime warrenty for broken zippers and holes so she'll be keeping that one for a while.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I just buy cheap ones, and let my children pick them out. They will tear it up no matter how much you pay for it, and even if they don't they won't want to use the same one two years in a row.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I just get a regular backpack every single school year.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My son will be going into 2nd grade and he gets a new backpack every year--for now! I let him pick it out and he likes the character ones--since there isn't much price difference between them and a plain one I let him get what he wants. The zippers always break on them. For his birthday his friend's mom got him a really nice backpack on wheels (even though they aren't supposed to have that kind at the school the majority of kids do).....well within a month the zipper was broken. I don't know what this child does to them so I'm going cheap again this year.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• it honestly depends on how we are doing financially. I think (hope) I bought her a pretty good one from toys r us this year.....we'll see, fingers crossed :) .....lol
    sjlawrence356

Answer by sjlawrence356 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009