16 weeks and severe cramps

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with twins and the last two nights I've been in absolute agony with menstrual-type cramps but not really in my tummy, more in my lower back. It's only been at night after I lie down, but it lasted all night last night. Any info or suggestions?

MommyAddie

Asked by MommyAddie at 1:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go to the doctor and get checked out asap. I had the same problem at around 18 weeks and the menstrual style cramps were actually contractions and I went into premature labor. Luckily I got into the doctor quickly enough that the hospital could stop the labor and my son was fine. Maybe a little cramping could be normal but severe cramping isn't.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• call L&D they will most likely tell you to come in and be seen.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i agree go to the doc hun
    hannahsmommy321

Answer by hannahsmommy321 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009