why would a mother do this to another mother??

last night i had a question and i have a growth chart of my son on my profile and this random anon-yea so brave you are hiding behind a question mark. stand up you wuss. called my son fat because hes 3 months and hes 16 lbs and 26in long, well im sry your DAUGHTER was 11lbs at 3 months. they are supposed to double their weight in 3 months. my son was 8lbs 11oz at birth. i am 5'8" 150lbs and my hubby is 6'4" 220lbs. we arn't fat we are just tall. i was 7lbs 10 oz at birth and my hubby was 9lbs 4oz. so my son was in the middle of us. im just wondering if anyone has made a comment about the weight of your baby, i think its ridiculous and stupid.

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thats is so mean. My daughter is also big, not fat. She is 22 months 37 inches tall and 31lbs. My doc says she is unbelievably tall, lol. She asked me if I was lying about her age because she is a new doc to us. Dont listen to other people, weight is not an issue until later on for children.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Wow, that is pretty bad a mother picking on a baby. People really do need to get lives and learn to treat others with respect.
    Anonymous

• I got a snide comment because my daughter was 5 pounds at 5 months old. She was a 23 week preemie, something which this person didn't know. But I would have thought if someone noticed she was so small at that age, they would assume that she was a preemie or something. Some people are just mean, ignore them.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I don't get why people seem to think they are entitled to insert their opinion about everything. It's none of their business. And there is nothing wrong with your son. My son was 9lbs 3oz at birth and was about 16lbs at 4 months. He's still big. He's almost 8 and 4' 3" tall (or taller, I haven't measured him in a few months and he grew a foot in 6 months over the winter) and is 65lbs. He's actually super skinny but one of the tallest kids in his class.

and @kristy...she is tall. My youngest is 3 years, 3 months and is 38/39" and 30lbs and is tall for her age. She wears all 4T clothes and some 4s and 5s from the girls department.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• First off the anon button is a great thing and used for many reasons. Its annoying when people say we only use it because we are cowards and don't want to use our own names. I never say mean things to people. I just don't want those same mean people who'd call a three month old baby fat snooping at pics of my family on my profile. That being said the women who say and do things like this are probably very insecure with their own lives and selves. They are probably ridiculed by someone in real life and lash out on the only people they can, internet users they don't even know. Ignore it. The people are pathetic and don't have a life. You do so don't dwell on it. Any pediatrician would tell you your baby is healthy and probably very happy.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is also long. Some people say shes fat and other say shes small. I dont think in any way that your baby is fat. LONG yes but fat NO! People should learn how to shut their mouths if they cant say anything nice.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• justanotherjen. I know, I am tall so is her daddy. But she is crazy tall and she wears 4t or 5t sometimes. She was 8lb8oz born and she just grew soooooo fast. She was only 19 inches when born, lol. But her father and I are not fat but we are tall, I think there are some picks on my profile from when she was younger.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Why does an opinion from someone you don't know and will never meet bother you so much?
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about it. My daughter's also chubbier than most babies her age, she's 4 months. I wouldn't say she's overweight, and the doc said she's fine, so I don't worry about it. For awhile, I was getting a lot of comments from people in stores about how chubby she was, how many rolls she has on her arms and legs, etc. They may not have been said to be mean, but it was irritating to me, and rude.
    Just think of it as, at least your baby's eating well. Her baby may be undernourished and that's why she's so small.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• it doesn't bother me one bit, and even if someone i knew said it it wouldnt bother me but hes not fat and i just cant believe another mother would say something like that
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009