• In the Spotlight:

Did any of you mommies tried the 3 day potty training method ? Did it work for you ?

My son (3 1/2 year old) is going for the first time to preschool in August and I'm trying my very best to train him and to be consistent. I have the potty watch that I set for him to go potty every hour and I let him in underwear now during the day. He is for now responding good but has his moments where he'll have a tantrum because he don't want to go ( I know he has to go). He also don't tell me when he has to go (very rarely happens when he does tell me he has to go) He do pee pee in the potty. Poop in the potty that is a different story.

Paros

Asked by Paros at 1:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes it works but its all up to you. You're going to have to be very diligent and stick with it for it to work. The moms who say it doesn't work probably weren't doing it correctly. To be honest with you if you don't have him potty trained pronto there is a good chance the preschool won't allow him to continue. Its a huge problem for preschool workers.
    Anonymous

• I tried it but my son is stubborn so it really did not work for us. My son though is one that he has to have control of something of this importance. I gave up after a week and waited on him(our peds advice). 3 weeks ago he came to us and told us he was ready to use the potty. In those 3 weeks we are accident free and he telling us he has to go BEFORE he goes. He will even set himself on the potty after informing me he has go. I know how frustrating it can be, believe I have been there over a year. He is now 3 years and 2 months and he will get it. It will just click with him. i just had to back-off and let him have control. For us it worked. I hope you find something that works. good luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2009