Horrible knee pain HELP!

I woke up 2 days ago and my knees both felt like i had twisted them, I thought i slept weird (like my legs hanging off the bed) but that's not it. Its not like the whole knee its like between my kneecap and the bones under it. I am in so much pain and i cant find relief does anyone know what i can o to stop the pain. I didn't twist my knees i walk everyday to walk my dog so i know its not lack of exercise so i don't know what to do. It hurts most when i sit down and my knees are bent. I know it might be the whole hormone thing that relaxes your ligaments or what ever but this is awful. I am 23 weeks along and i have only gained 4 pounds in case you want to know

Someone please give me some advice i can hardly get up once i sit down!

Alie1313

Asked by Alie1313 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep i get it with all my kids, idk wht it is but id say it is normal.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Relax!! Take a nice bath and relax! Prop your knees up and put a heating pad on them. Talk to your dr. tomorrow. Also you can take a tylenol.
    Anonymous

• I have arthritis in one of my knees that's what it sounds like to me. Just wait and talk to your doctor at your next appt.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• 4 pounds?! eat a double cheeseburger for me please. good luck with your knee, hope its not serious
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• are there any other signs like swelling or redness or anything? I wouldn't use heat if there is. If there isn't then go ahead and use heat. Also make sure you are keeping hydrated, Joints need fluid and definitely extra fluid at this time. Have you tried a supplement that has fish and shark oils? "Country Life" actually has a great one for prenatal and it helps in so many areas. they also have a postnatal complex for recovering and nursing moms. Hope you find something to help.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have the same problem, pregnant or not. I have athritis so when it rains or it's about to rain, that is when it is worst. It's worse now that I'm pregnant because of all the extra weight I'm carrying around in my stomach and I've only gained 5lbs and I'm 30 weeks. I found that wrapping my knees with ace bandages helps so maybe you can try that. Sleep with your legs elevated also.
    The pain getting up from sitting is killer!
    It's rough and I hope you find relief!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2009