At my wits end with my friend and her BABY SHOWER!

Ok so my friend is preggers love her to death but planning a baby shower has been pure hell. She has changed the date 3 times No biggie her husband is the issue! He was texting me 7 times a day with IDEAS! I should do this I should do that he was texting me during my trip to my grandmothers funeral in another state! So I talked to her and the texting all day stoped.... So This week the texting started agian this week And this morning I got a text stating that her husband wants to be at the baby shower and I should do a diffrent shower just for him. TIMES ARE HARD I put enough money aside just to do her shower. Now she wants me to do one for him. Im getting really irritated to the point where IM LIKE DO YOUR OWN SHOWER!! I like to think before I speak. What should I do. I have done a joint shower in the past but that was a situation where the baby wasnt expected to make it. and it was 6 years ago. What should I do/say? cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• cont..........I really cant take it anymore. All the texting etc all the time..... its annoying!
    Anonymous

• Tell them u would be more than happy to do a joint baby shower if they can contribute to the extra costs for everything.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• talk to her and tell her you are doing her shower only. Good grief people get quite greedy and demanding over baby showers if it wasn't planned as a joint shower tell her no. My friend insisted on doing mine and I have come to the conclusion it's going to be all on me. hey... I will pay you to do my shower. lol
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• LOL agreed I do your shower and make them do the shower that they want
    Anonymous

• I would explain the financial situation and tell her if she wanted to do two showers, then perhaps they could work out some sort of pot luck or maybe pay for it together? Times are rough atm so I imagine that she will be understanding about the finances. As far as the texting constantly, stop answering. He should get the hint pretty quick!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Do the joint thing and just make smaller portions! That's what I'd do.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Lol, my sis said she would throw me a shower and then asked me how much money I was planning on spending. I was like excuse me? arent u throwing me a shower? So I ended up doing everything myself, yeah thats right I threw myself a shower. I was paying for it why not get exactly what I wanted? My mom was awesome though she spent 600 dollars on drink and food! love ya mum
    Anonymous

• People are so insane! My sister just had the same problem with her bff bridezilla over her wedding. She expected my sister to pay for and host a wedding shower, a bridal shower, a bacholerette party, a lingerie party and the engagment party. My sister was finally like "I'd love to host all of these parties for you but unfortunately I have to work and can't take on the time and financial responsibility of all of this for you even though I do love you and wish you the best." She decided the friendship wasn't worth that type of treatment. I'd tell them that if he'd like his own shower, which is weird anyway, that maybe his best friend could host it for him. That you are hosting her shower only. I bet you can't wait until that nightmare is over!
    Anonymous

• I think it is great that you offered to do a shower for her. They should realize that times are tight, and you are under no obligation to now do a shower for him too. Maybe one of HIS friends/family should throw him a shower! I would let her know that since YOU are the one planning her shower, you will do it your way. Tell her flat out that you do not want any more texts from her hubby and that you will NOT be doing a shower for him or a joint shower. If they don't like it too bad. Tell them if they keep on trying to take charge and make 'suggestions' then you are done and they can damned well plan (and pay for) it themselves!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2009