Leaking Fluid?

Hopefully someone is online to help me. I am 39 weeks pregnant. Last night I noticed I felt a littla damp/moist down there. So I went to wipe and the tissue was a little damp afterwards. So that happened all last night till I went to bed. Well this morning since I've been up it's happened a couple times. Could this be my water leaking on me? There are no pains or contractions, and the toilet paper is only damp, but I can feel it when it comes like I'm almost farting in a way. I hope this makes since. Thanks for any help ladies.

ps: My hospital is 45 min. away, so I don't wanna go in to be sent home if you know what I mean. So do you think they would just go ahead and induce me or at least induce me by breaking my water? Thanks

centralblu

Asked by centralblu at 2:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've been taking lamaze classes and this is what were told to due. You can call the hosipital and tell them you need the on call doctor from your office to call you back and give them your name and number. Most likely your leaking your fluid. Our lamaze teacher said if you ever think there's a leak or its broken immediately go to the doctor or er because your amniotic sac is your core body temp and if your leaking that mean there's a big enough path for germs and bacteria to the cervix where it will fester causing your baby to get an infection. The probably will just induce you or let it break on its own since you are so far alon but its better to be in a sterile enviroment. Hope this helps.
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I did get "moist" down there at the end of my 1st pregnancy. But if you are not sure, then go to the hospital. They can check and tell you for sure. I think its safer to go and make sure though, even if they do send you back home-who knows they may go ahead and induce! Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Perhaps you can call your doctor ask them? It could be, but it also could just be moisture. Does it have an odor? I would call the doctor or nurse to be certain if you are worried at all. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• it could be normal dicharge type thing but since you are so far along i would give you OB a call and let them know what you are experiencing or even call the hospital and let them know. It can't hurt to ask a professional.
    Anonymous

• No there is no oder is there suppose to be?
    centralblu

Answer by centralblu at 2:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I would call the hospital and ask a labor and delivery nurse. They'll be able to tell you if you should make the drive up there or hold off. If it is leaking amniotic fluid you need to get checked out though. Good luck on the new baby!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009