I keep dreaming of my dead grandmother.

Almost every night I dream about her. She never talks to me, I just see her, either doing nothing, or like last night, something weird. I dreamt she was riding a bike, smoking a cigarette, and there was a younger kid on a bike with a cigarette following her. Other times I just dream of seeing her, usually among other people I don't know.
She and I were never very close. I saw her for all the holidays and a few times during the year but that was it. But, when I did see her, we'd have great conversations.
She died 11 days after my daughter was born this past March, and did get to see and hold her once.
Just wondering what anyone thinks this could mean?

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 2:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idk, she could be watching over you & your dd... i have dreams about my mawmaw all the time & she died 9 years ago... i live in the house i grew up in & she lived with us, i swear i can smell her sometimes, it's weird
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• josiesmommy00-Every once in awhile that happens to me too. Her house always smelled like coffee mixed with something else, and every once in awhile I swear I can smell that smell.
    It's so strange.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i think she may be watching over you & maybe she wants to see your daughter....i hope it don't freak you out, i kind of enjoy "smelling my mawmaw" it's comforting i even talk to her sometimes when dh isn't here (it freaks him out), we were really close & even though it's been 9 years, i still get sad thinking about her not being her in the flesh
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I rather dream w/ the dead than the living. My dreams about the living are always bad and warning signs of stuff and I have gotten to dislike them big time. I did dream w/ a dead person once and instinctively knew something wasn't right about that dream and when I called the family of the deceased I got bad news and then came death. But I dreamed w/ a live one and knew too and when I called got bad news too and she passed too. It's like u feel things and even though u don't understand what u r feeling u know the difference of good and bad.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 2:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I dream of my dead grandmother whenever I am stressed about something or one of the kids is going to get sick. My deceased grandmother also lives with me so i think the dreaming is the only way she can actually talk to me or send me messages. the kids tell me all the time that they see her and she talks to them. its comforting to know shes still worried about us even now after all these years.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 2:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• honestly idk...ive had so many dreams about my grandma..but her and i was extremely close...she was my mommy . i love her and miss her..when she first passed i had dreams of her every single night for almost 6 months and then jus every once in a while and then i didnt have dream about her again till i was pregnant and since then i havent dreamt about her. but those first 6 months was jus horrible dreamin of goin to her funeral...dreamin about all diff. sorts of ways to say goodbye. and then jus dreams about her poppin into places out of nowhere and she wouldnt know she was dead and no one seemed bothered that she was there. when i was pregnant i had dreams that she would stop me from gettin mad and she would stop me from leavin the house when i was mad and then i had dreams she was there the day i delivered...idk why we dream about our loved ones..but honestly even though it hurts to miss her. id love to have more dreams.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I believe in dreams. I think she's watching over you. A strange thing that happened to me recently was back in May. My aunt passed away from Cancer. After the memorial, I kept hearing this one song over and over on the radio and on CMT. It was a song from Alan Jackson...Don't worry about me. I thought it was her way of sending me a message or sending a message. Another dream I had of my adopted grandfather when he passed away was when I dreamed he called me on the phone. I answered the phone in my dream. He said, Hello, little bit. I freaked and hung up the phone. Later, I realized he was just saying hello. His death had upset me so much. I saw him on a weekend, that Tuesday he had died. I was glad to have the chance to see him before he died. So, your grandma might be watching over you. But, then, I'm no expert on these things. =)
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009