Can you get mold out of clothe, my son had a white shirt and it was wet and now there are little mold dots all over it it was left at my mother and laws!

pmf_1805

Asked by pmf_1805 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• chunk it
    Anonymous

• If the shirt is white allover or there isn't any color where the mold is, you could try bleaching it.

When I have to use bleach on something of my daughter's, I wash it with other clothes, if it is just a spot, with my clothes, if I had to use bleach allover I would probably wash it with the rest of the white clothes but I haven't had to do that yet. After the first washing, if the stain comes out, I then wash it a second time with her clothes and dreft to make sure there is no bleach left behind to irritate her skin.

But don't just toss it. If the mold doesn't come out, it would make a great shirt to use in messy situations. Like spaghetti for dinner or a finger painting session.

And I am saving some of my dd's old clothes to use for a quilt. Anything that gets a stain that is still usable for the quilt goes into the collection.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Try mildew remover, depending on what the shirt is made of, it could save it. Dampen the shirt, spray it on and let it sit for an hour or two. (Keep kids away from the fumes.) Then wash it. It works on my shower curtains, but the shirt material could be too delicate. If it doesn't work, then you tried at least.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• ive had this happen once or twice. oxyclean is your friend.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have never found anything to get the mold out. I end up having to throw it away.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• bleach kills some molds
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009