15 m/o and seafood?

my son is 15 m/o and hasnt had fish yet... would it be ok? is the "rule" to wait till they are past 12 m/o? I'm treating my son and I to lunch at red lobster tomorrow. they do have food on the kids menu other than seafood, but I'd like him to try it. what about shrimp? or should I just stick with fish?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• should be okay, jsut keep an eye on him
    Anonymous

• go for it! my son loves sea food. we were a little nervous about it too, since his dad had a reaction as a child, but he does just fine. we really started to branch out, foodwise, when my son was about 12-15 months old, and he loves so many different things now. his favorite side dish is edemame.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 2:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I would go for it! My dd loves seafood at well! it will be a nice treat away from normal foods :) I think it is important to give them a variety of different tastes... i'm sure he will love it! I also gave my dd shrimp first instead of fish, but do what you want or feel is right. As far as I know, there is no date of when to wait to give seafood to a toddler.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• we live in south louisiana so seafood has been a part of my baby's diet since he was like 6 months old...fish, shrimp, crabs, crawfish...never had any problems...have fun...
    mom2noahl

Answer by mom2noahl at 3:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2009