Do you like your front load washer?

I'm not crazy about our new front load washer. The clothes just don't seem to get as clean as with my top load washer. Also, I hate that I can't soak heavily soiled clothes in Biz or Oxyclean overnight like I could with my old washer.

Anybody else have this problem?

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 2:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I lived in apartments for quite a few years prior to buying our house and our washer and dryer. And apartment washers and dryers aren't bad, but they aren't wonderful, either. So I do like our front loader a lot. I rarely need to soak anything but when I do, I just do it in the sink. I haven't noticed our clothes not getting as clean, either.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I like my front load. Do you have a sanitize cycle? That can take the place of soaking. Also non-chlorine bleach.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I love my front load - It has a 'heavy soiled' or 'stain' setting - takes 2 hours to run the cycle - but still only runs 14 gallons of water through it.

When you are using your Oxi Clean - make sure you put it in the dispenser & use warm or hot water. Otherwise it won't have any effect.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I had heard that clothes do not get as clean with the front loaders, so when we bought our new set we bought the top load washing machine with matching dryer. Having 3 toddlers, an 8 year old and a husband who gets really dirty when working I believe I need the agitator. I LOVE our washer and dryer.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Ruttermama.......do you put the non-chlorine bleach in the detergent dispenser along with the detergent? I have three compartments......detergent, chlorine bleach, fabric softener.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My biggest complaint was the fact that baby socks would fall into that rubber seal. If I didn't check for small clothing items on a regular basis, then they would sit and mildew...pee u.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• put the non-chlorine bleach in the same place as the chlorine type
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• don't forget to do a "cleaning" cycle on your washer (no clothes in it running on a sanitize type cycle)
    Anonymous