have you ever had 2 periods in one month?

my friend has and it turned out to be nothing. they put her on birth control and it helped for a while. I just thought it was bc she was a bigger woman. but now i have my period for a 2nd time and i was wondering what esle it could be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Health

• Sometimes it just happens like that. I dont know why but every now and then I get it. I think it because Im irregular anyway. But some people who have shorter cycles like 26-28 day can have one at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month because they have short cycles and they usually fall on a 31 day month.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i once had my periods 18 days apart & 23 days apart. it made me nervous, but turned out to be nothing.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• im not regular. never have been but this is the 1st time i have ever had it 2 times. i had it on the 1nd and now the 26th.. DId you tell ur drs about it? and if so what did they say?
    Anonymous

• 1nd? i ment 2nd
    Anonymous

• yes, I have had two periods in one month. I remember when I was hitting puberty that I would do this. Now that I am in my late 40's, I am doing it again. I think my body is getting ready for menopause.  I am not on any BC. I hate them and they don't agree with my body.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I twice had two periods in nine months. The second one was expected...or something like that
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009