What about child leashes?

not trying to get anyone mad just need honest opinions. well i have been against using one but now that my son is old enough to climb out of everything we put him in cuz he wants to walk i've been thinking of getting one, does anyone else use it and is it a good buy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would use one as a learning tool you keep it on him and around your wrist but you hold his had and that way if he gets guts and tries to take off you still got him and you can then scold him to not take off its dangerous etc etc..that is what mine was for a learning tool I dont use it now my son is now 2 and he still every blue moon tries to take off but boys will be boys.
    Anonymous

• i didn't use one, my dd knows how to act in public
    Anonymous

• I use a monkey backpack leash. They actually are more trouble than they are worth because every time she tries to run and pulls on the leash it whips her off of her feet and she falls flat on her face.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i loved mine, helped me keep my sanity on a 25 hour international trip while 7 months preg with a 2 year old running through 3 busy airports. INVALUABLE.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• there are other ways. find one.
    Are you talking about the stroller, specifically?
    Always put him into stroller with an empty tummy. Then snacks will busy him.
    Have a few SPECIAL toys/books/goodies reserved only for stroller.
    Encourage him to climb in himself, pick out a lovey, a snack, a special cup, a snack, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Honestly, I think leashes are HORRIBLE for children!!! Your child is not an animal! You are responsible for teaching them how to act properly in public... But your going to do what you want. And another thing, just because you put him on a leash doesn't mean he's not going to run around- it just means he's goin to drag you with him!!! Teach him that "big boys don't run around the grocery store! Big boys stay with mommy in the store." Get a sticker chart or something, and reward him everytime he does something good. When he gets so many stickers surprise him with something...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 3:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have never had to use one, but I am not totally against them. Whatever you have to do to keep your child safe!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• bad

Anonymous

• whatever works, every child is different
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I honestly dont think they are that horrible, just differnet for different children I used one because when my daughter was 18 months she was the size of a tall 3 year old so, stroller was a no go and she really didn't understand and such a young age that running away is not acceptable. But none the less the leash didn't work for us.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009