SON HAS SUDDEN MOOD CHANGES

My son goes from laughing to crying in a matter of minutes. He seems to be doing it more often now than he use to. At night he suppose to be going to sleep and he does it. It freaks me out because I don't know what the cause of it is. He is pending results of an autistic evaluation so I am wondering if this is a symptom of it. He does not talk so he can't verbalize what he is feeling. Anybody ever had that happen to their child??

momoftwokids547

Asked by momoftwokids547 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well I started to say welcome to the terrible twos, but then you said you are waiting for results from an autism evaluation.....I don't know much about that, but I'm sure that is part of it......or hopefully it's just the terrible twos!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Me! My son is 14 and he does all of that, but it started when he turned 13 so it could be hormones, or teen stuff. He does suffer from panic and anxiety attacks as well.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My son does that also! I do hope it's the terrible twos but have been at my wits end with this. I have had several docs appts and they chalk it up to teething and terrible twos! He is 17 months and getting teeth 3 and 4. If there is help or answers, please let us know. Know momoftwokids547 that you are not alone. Good luck with your tests.
    ice_angel_k

Answer by ice_angel_k at 10:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009