Could Zantac be making my baby fussy?

I started my 5 week old on Zantac. He was a c-section baby and stayed badly congested since I brought him home. I tried the saline spray which only made him mad. He also was coughing so the ped thinks it is acid reflux. He has been on the Zantac now for 4 1/2 days and has been fussy ever since. He never really had an issue with spitting up, only occasionally. He also got a Hepatitis B shot 4 1/2 days ago and I first thought the shot made him fussy, but I am wondering if it is the Zantac.

xraymom9729

Asked by xraymom9729 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anonymous

• You are not stupid, you are just trying to help your baby. The saline makes all babies mad! Haha. My son has had GERD, and has had Zantac since he was 5 weeks as well, but it never bothered him. We have tried to ween him off.... bad idea. Is your baby fussy all the time? Just certain times of the day? I just clicked on the link above - this is the first I've ever heard anything negative about Zantac for infants, but I would still soak in all info - you are being a good mom by trying to help your baby and stay informed. I would contact your pediatrician and look at other options. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009