Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need courage for me to leave him. But I have kids and dont know where to go!

I tried to throw my husband of the house .because hew acts like he doesnt want to be with us. any more. bt he wont go.


Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • His family should let him be and know that you and the children should be his first priority. Other people shouldnt determine your happiness. Happy is an emotion that can be changed. My daughter is 18 she is the youngest. She still needs her Daddy. We have had some very hard times and I am not always happy. But when I see the whole picture and give my marriage back to the Lord I realize this is a day by day journey and the family as a whole is better off as we both stay together and love each other not for just us but also for all of them. I have a grandson who adores his grampy , sil and ds who have learned how to be a devoted family man thru even our ups and downs.


    Answer by Vivian63 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • i had that problem before

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • Call the cops and tell them you don't want him there, they will make him leave. Change the locks so he can't come back. If he is abusive in any way, you can get a restraining order on him, and they will arrest him if he comes back. Call your local Women's Crisis Center they will help you figure out what to do. If he's not abusive and you just want him out....throw his stuff out and be strong...stand your ground.

    Answer by robinann5 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • There seems to be so much missing from this story. How many children do you have? How long have you been together. You said he ACTS like he doesnt want to be there? Does he pay the bills give you grocery money. Whats going on. You decided to marry him and have his children. For better or worse right?


    Answer by Vivian63 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • It's his home. You can't throw him out. (I tried) Now you have to evict ppl officially but with you being married to him I don't think you can even do that unless there is physical abuse. Then you'd have to file a report and get a order of protection. When I wanted to leave my x I just ignored him as best I could. I got a job and saved up and moved out when I had the money.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • It is illegal to change the locks as long as his name is anywhere on the lease/mortgage. The cops will not throw someone out of the home for you unless there is probable cause or reason for such an action, and that action will be followed up by an official report on their end. It would be much easier to help you if you gave a few more details. ?? Good luck.

    Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • The police will get him out of there. Change the locks too when he make that grand exit.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • vivian63

    We have 1 preteen and 1teen. Wev'e been together for 16 yrs. Yes he does pay bills and grocery money. But thats all he does that is right. I did marry for betteror for worse. But i'm by myself here on the worse. He acts as if he has no time for us. but for his for his mom, aunts and uncles ,and friends, and even neighbors now, he has all the time in the world. Makes me angry.He's been like this for a while now. The only reason I stayed with him was because the kids were younger and I thought they needed a father to be there for them. But now since they are older I dont want them thinking that they have to stay in a marriage where they are not happy.

    Answer by incarnita at 2:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • Women leaving a relationship With Kids      Resources


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009