What can I do for a 4 month old who is teething badly?

My baby is 4 months old, she just got a tooth and I see another one coming, her hand eye coordination is still weak so holding a cool teether to her mouth is a struggle.
What can I do to help ease her pain?

MintyMew

Asked by MintyMew at 3:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take a wash cloth.
    Run it under cold water
    Poke your index finger thru
    freeze
    let her suck

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• These work great:

http://www.hylands.com/products/teething.php

You can also place a wet wash cloth in the freezer for 5 minutes and then let her chew on it.

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• put a piece of apple in the freezer. freeze it for a lil bit not too hard. and not too soft. put it in a BABY wash cloth. and let her have it
    OR put water on a cloth and some sugar freeze and let her have her way
    Anonymous

• All those are great ideas. The wash cloth is the easiest though. Don't worry, it won't last for long! Also they have those drops that are supposed to help and my son always felt better after them.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Please don't listen to the last anon! Do NOT give that baby sugar! Give her something cold, but be careful because it could shock her at first and she might not like it. Go out and buy some Baby Orajel and put that where she is teething, it might help. Or try teething biscuits or tablets (but only if the box says they can be used on four-month-old babies). If all else fails, call the pediatrician and ask him/her to recommend something.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Ambisol,
    Anonymous

• DS loved the zwieback toasts (I think he was 6 months when we started giving them to him, though). Also, baby Orajel. And he had a teether that vibrated (it was a star) that he LOVED. He'd let me hold it for him and just chomp down.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009