Does it disgust you when you see a 50-60 yr old lady who is pregnant? (read below please)

Personally no it doesnt bother me ( i wonder if she can handle it for a second but its really none of my business, but i personally want kids that old) but i was out in publice and we saw this older lady who had to have been at least 50 and she was obivously very pregnant .. well i heard these girls proably around 18-19 start sickering and saying how gross that was and how she would never be able to take care of her baby.. I thought that was really rude.. any ways just wodnering if aynone thought it was gross

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Looks mean nothing so I wouldn't judge. My great-grandmother is 83 and looks 60. Some younger women look older than her. So i wouldn't judge.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• In the time of adam and eve she gave birth well into her hundreds atleast thats my understanding of those verses its not sick but it is very uncommon in our society we see older women as grandmas that should be makeing cookies and quilting but in many older societies i dont think age mattered what so ever.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• my parents were telling sum1 tht they have a two year old in the house not stating tht he was mine and this guys no u dont u guys are like 100 years old tht pissed em off cus they dont have a 1yr old but they do have 1 in there house!!!lol it was kinda funny tho cus theres more to it so no i wouldnt b like omg gross bu id b like wow how can sher do it!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I actually watched a show on TV a couple of nights ago called 'The worlds oldest mothers' - it was very interesting. It seemed like the majority of the older mother could not properly care for their children alone - (these were women aged 50-75) - and needed a lot of help. A couple of the women who were being documented actually died within a few months after giving birth - it took a huge toll on their bodies, and one of the women already had a tumor. Personally, I do not think it is a sensible choice to make.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i dont think its gross...but i do think that at that age it is almost a selfish endevor, mommy will not be able to keep up or to be around nearly as long as we want our parents to live, at 16 mommy will be 66 to early for kids to have to start taking care of their parents imo

but as far as the girls at the store, ya that was rude
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No but at 56 I'd probably not be happy if I got pregnant!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• some lady lied about her age and had IVF when she was 63...

straight from a college textbook (im taking a marriage and family online class this semester)
    "The fear of one or more parents dying was expressed by a number of subjects in Morris's study. The subjects also talked about, like the man mentioned, what they missed (earlier a man said his parents were too old to play with him or play catch and dressed him up all the time instead of letting him play in the park) And tehy mentioned embarrassing incidents, like being taken for the grandchildren of thier parents.
    But some also believed that having older parents was a positive experience. In fact, the samle of 22 was almost evenly divided on whether the experience was postiive or negative. Those who perceived it ot be positive reflected on such things as the wisdom and stability of their parents, qualities that helped them to feel more comfortable and secure... CONT
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I think it can be very selfish. There was a reticent story about a lady that was 65 when she gave birth. Unfortunately she died a few years after the babies were born. So while I wouldn't say it disgusts me, I will say I question the wisdom of those who have children at that age.  I

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Never the less, only two of them endorsed the idea of having their own children at an advanced age."

although 22 is not a big enough sample at all, it was still included in a text book so hey...
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm 45 and if I saw a woman pregnant at my age or older, I would feel sorry for her, I know that I coudln't handle being pregnant at my age. I joke with my dh and say if I was pregnant now I'd be on bed rest from about 3 months on! I do have lots of grandkids whom I have alot and they literally wear me out. I, for one would not want to start over with a new baby!!! But I don't judge others who do, I would bet that a mom that old would not of gotten pregnant by accident...I'm sure 95% of those are planned, that's at least a good start! I would just hope she has a very supportive dh, and maybe a nanny.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2009