what type of bc do you all recommend for a mother who ebf? i am very afriad of the iud, and i just heard the depo shot will dry me up. my sister was conceived on the breastfeeding pill; i just need some info and advice

i need to be on bc after i have this baby, i am 7 months and i have a 2 year old, i DO NOT want anymore kids. I am too young to get my tubes tied, its stupid i know

cillaluvsmali

Asked by cillaluvsmali at 3:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree with not getting the IUD. My friend got pregnant on the IUD and when they took it out it ripped the placenta and caused a lot of bleeding. Now she has too many clots to count in her lungs (not related to the IUD) and has to take a shot every day for the rest of the pregnancy.

I've also heard about the depo shot messing up your chances of getting pregnant again for a while too. How old is the dad? Maybe he could get snipped and if you ever get baby crazy again and a puppy just won't do, adopt. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• How old are you? Don't get the IUD i just had mine removed and had my tubes tied on friday and I will be honest with you i am in more pain then when i had my DD right now. My belly is so sore right now that it's crazy and my IUD put holes in my cervics. Have you looked into the patch? Email me and we can talk one on one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We used condoms, because I had a bunch of bladder infections with the diaphragm, and I didn't want to go back on hormones. There is a pill which is supposed to be better for EBF mamas - I'd check out kellymom.com, I'm sure it's on there.
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i am 19 yeard old and i have never seen myself with more than 2 kids, i am very happy with 2 boys. DH is 21 and i almost convinced him to get snipped but i am not quite sure he's is comfortable with doing it, i would make him anyway but i dont think our insurance covers it...see this is why the IUD scares me to death! I didnt know you can use the patch while breastfeeding, how effective is it?
    cillaluvsmali

Answer by cillaluvsmali at 4:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My second son was concieved while I was on the BC patch.

And it's cervix, not cervics. It's on your body, learn how to spell it.

And just because one person doesn't like an IUD, other's do. As with all BC. Everyone has an opinion.
    Anonymous

• I have Paraguard. It's a hormone free IUD. I've had no problems with it at all, and i've had it for almost two years. I was on the pill after my first son was born, and switched to the patch once I stopped nursing, and I was off the patch for less than two weeks when I got pregnant with my second son. I used to get DEPO, and I got pregnant less than two months after being off the shot, so neither one of those hurt my chances of concieving (obviously). I would never recommend the Depo shot to anyone though, but it's just my personal opinion that I didn't like it.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I was on the Mirena IUD for 4 years and 3 months. I loved it i had no problems at all i recently had it taken out so i can try to get pregnant. I talked to my dr and told him i heard a lot of bad things about the IUD and he said most women are like me and have no problems whatsoever. If i were you i would research the IUD a little more.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 4:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'd suggest the copper IUD. I have an IUD and I love it.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i love the IUD i also have the copper one its great
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 5:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Use the mini-pill and CONDOMS. Have your DH get snipped if you guys are done having kids. If he wont do it, cut him off. >.< I have the IUD though...
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2009