I've seen a lot of posts on here about babies falling off things

I'm happy that this hasn't happened yet with my son, but it seems so common. How many of you have looked away for even a second and something like this happened?

I'm not saying that I'm better, just lucky because I know that it could happen at anytime. Does it happen more when they get a little older?

ours

Asked by ours at 3:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah you look away for one second and BAM.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• can happen any time...key thing is dont leave them on anything other than the ground w/o a hand on them
    (swing and bouncie not included :) )
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Lol my daughter didnt have to fall off of n e thing she straight up just fell flat on her face. She didnt trip over n e thing other than her own feet, lol. I felt bad, she is a lil clumsy.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It didn't happen to my son until he was a year. It will happen, it's just a matter of when. I was all proud of myself b/c it hadn't happened to me yet then he fell of the couch when I was sitting next to him lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• a and i momma, my son did the same thing except he was sitting next to my husband. I sat him next to daddy because he wanted to be next to one of us and I needed to do something. He was sitting between pillows and everything and he just bounced around next to daddy and he somehow fell off. We're still not sure how because daddy had a hand on him and everything but he just kinda wriggled out I guess. It hasn't happened since then and we have sat him there several times since then. I guess he learned not to be so bouncy. He was fine afterward so I didn't really worry too much. Scared the hell outta me though!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 4:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• innocence- lol I had my hand on his leg too. I felt him go and went to grab him and his little leg slipped out. I felt so bad lol. At least you can blame daddy :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 8:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• lol my kids use to fell off of things all of time when i turned my head for a second it scared me so bad still does
    MommieOf2007

Answer by MommieOf2007 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• she has fallen off the bed twice and we have tile. she's fine now. i feel horribleee. and shes always hitting her head on something!
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 11:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009