Say you live on the east coast. Your S/O gets a great opportunity with his company but he has to transfer to the west coast for two years. You CANNOT go with him.

He will be visiting home as much as possible but this job is extremely demanding, so you only see him 2-3 times per year. Do you trust him to stay faithful during that time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess I would have to trust him, but I think it would extemely hard to keep a relationship going like this, I would do whatever I could to just go with him. But if you can't then you have to trust him.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Why can't you go with him? It changes the question a bit
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• yes
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• you should beable to trust him how do you think he feels also hes leaving you the kids the house hes worked so hard for to go to a place mad far away can he trust you also could be on his mind!!! cus tht stuff can work both ways gurls arent always good but guys to have a tendency to make themselves look bad...lol but be happy for him!!!im guess your job and school is why u an the fam cant go also!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• OP here- you can't go because of finances, family, you're afraid of earthquakes- whatever reason. It's hypothetical lol.
    Anonymous

• men can be faithful in the heart but not the body- at least from most i've talked to. i think it would depend on his income potential. If he made enough money and something went wrong, at least you wouldn't leave the relationship w/nothing. sorry- i followed my heart too much and now i'm without any financial backup whatsoever.i guess this is assuming he'd pay some bills on the east homefront while he's gone. if a man wants to cheat,location won't really matter.military families have these same questions.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 4:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Hypothetical or not, I wouldn't stay apart from my spouse. There's no reason in my mind why a wife wouldn't be with her husband, its where she belongs. And vice versa.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I know mine wouldn't stay faithful.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• yes i would absolutely trust him. i have no doubt. it would suck being apart but if it's a great oppotunity i wouldn't let him pass it up. i know my husband is not into random sleeping around. at least not anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I don't think I would be able to trust him that much myself. If I really loved him I would try but it would be really hard. Is there someway you could go with him or maybe come a little later.
    Anonymous