How much is an infants circumcision usually go for?

i have been told soo many storys but i was just wondering just to get a price range....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have know idea but was wondering the same thing since im expecting a boy. Someone told me around 200 dollars but im not sure
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• When I had my DD a year ago, I think the going rate was around $300. (we were originally told we were having a boy) I do know that most Ins. won't cover it because they consider it cosmetic!! Dumb, I know!!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 5:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• here its about 550$, and to the above it is cosmetic and insurance companies shouldnt have to pay for it ITS NOT NECESSARY.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Blue Shield of CA covers it. I think my OB billed them for $160 and we had to pay our 20% coinsurance, but Blue Shield paid the rest.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 5:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• When my son was born 11 years ago, it was covered by insurance. If your's doesnt just ask the pediatrician or call the hosp where the procedure will be done and find out. And btw, it's not ALWAYS cosmetic. There are plenty reasons why it should be done. GOOD LUCK!
    WANDY218

Answer by WANDY218 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Depends on your area, but mostly everywhere that I know if it's about $250. Mine was originally like $325 but we got it done for $250.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Here in nc its 350 and medicade and such won't pay for it bc they don't consider it a health risk >_
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I understand they tell you it's not necessary. A lot of religions don't even allow it, but it's not very healthy if uncircumcised LO aren't taken extra care off. And can cause social problems when they get older. But it's all a matter of opinion. So, most might think it's not necessary, but it SHOULD be!!!!! IMO!!!!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 5:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• dirty monkey...what isn't healthy about it...i don't take ANY extra care of my ds who isn't cut...than my nephew that is....and what problems will it cause socially...if a girl doesn't want to be with my ds because he is intact he doesn't need someone that shallow any ways...and about cleaning it...when he is old enough he will be taught how to clean it...the same way i would teach a daughter to clean herself...there is no reason to cut unless it is a religious belief....
    melissabilliot

Answer by melissabilliot at 5:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Your best bet would be to call your pediatrician or hospital and ask what the fee is.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2009