My husband just said that he loves 7 family members more than he loves me

Should I be upset? Well I am but I really need to know if I shouldn't be. We were having a conversation about how much we love each other and he said that he loves his Mom, dad, 2 brothers, sister, aunt & uncle more than he loves me. I guess I'm wrong but I thought I was suppose to be number one. He's number one to me. Please give me your opinion and try not to bash because I'm crying here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• u know i've never really been sure about this.....my husband has told me he loves me more then anything and anyone in this world. but i've never actually asked him if he love me or his family more.. i can never say that i love my family more than my husband or my husband more than my family. i love them each in their own unique way. i can't compare the love i have for them . i love my husband with all my heart and cannot imagine my life without him. at the same time i love my family very much as well (parents+siblings) and couldn't imagine my life without them either.
    ranking his or your love for ur family Vs partner i think is wrong. it's different kinds of love and bonds that u are sharing with these people so u can't really compare or rank them. .............but he loves u very very much......because if he didn't love u then he wouldn't have chosen u to share the rest of his life with, so cheer up honey and don't cry :)
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• There is no need to cry. It is a different kind of love. His time with them has been longer so the bond is strong yet different from what he feels for you. He's still building his bond with you and it won't be broken until death.That has to say a lot.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Ummmm I don't see a big deal. I love my kids more than my husband. I have no extended family but I'm sure if I did there would be quite a bond. Be glad he loves his family.
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 5:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Well It says in the bible for a man to seperate fromhis mother and father and become one with his wife! I would be very hurt if I were you. What is going on there? I mean why would he love him mom more, is she controlling or what? Plus that is a different kind of love. I wonder if he has more of a responsibility feeling toward his parents (and the rest of his extended family)? How old is this guy anyway?
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• OP........He's 32 and we've been married 2 years. I understand that family has love because I have family also but he comes first and I feel ike I should too. I hope I can calm down and see a better side of this because this sucks.
    Anonymous

• It really goes on how long you've guys have been together. I mean you have to really think hun he's known his family his whole life and grew up with them. Plus some people love people a lot sooner then other people. He obvisouly must love you an awful lot because you guys are married. As long as he's not putting them first over you all the time I would just let I go for right now and know that he does love you. And there is a difference between the love for his family. And being in love with you ^_^ I'm sure he didn't mean nothing bad by it. Also some guys try to put up that manly I don't love you that much thing but if something was to happend to you I bet his world would fall apart.
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It's a completely different kind of love. You have to remember men say stupid things sometimes without thinking and what they mean can be completely different from what they say.

Seriously, don't be upset! Just let it go!
    Anonymous

• Thanks Lost angel, you really made me smile :-) Guys are so retarded
    Anonymous

• At first I thought "ooh I'd be so hurt", and "that is so wrong", but then when I read that he is 32 and you have been together 2 years, I realized that if my dh had been honest when we were first together, he would have told me he loved his mom and dad more than me. Now I know that he would say that he loves us the same, but need me more. I probably would have felt the same way.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Pack his shi_! Tell him to go live with those 7 family members.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2009