how long did you breastfeed?

at what age did you stop breastfeeding your child? And did you let them use a cup while still breastfeeding? Did you do it out in public once they got older, parks, out to dinner?...etc...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i breastfed for two weeks!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i breastfed for 14 months, she mostly ate table food while out in public, never went to a bottle. if we didnt have food and she got hungry i would breastfeed in public, sometimes if i was uncomfortable i would go to the car.
    luckyhart

Answer by luckyhart at 5:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I could only do it for a little over 3 months. I started to get tired and lazy so it started to hurt when he stopped latching correctly. Plus I got sick at the same time and lost a lot of my supply. I was just done with it after three days of non-stop pumping and barely anything coming out.
    ours

Answer by ours at 5:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I breastfed for 6 months until my son weened himself. I only breastfed at home or families houses. I didnt like doing it in public my son always pulled the blanket off his face. I let my son use a cup as soon as I started giving him juices and water.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We are at almost 13 months, and still going strong.
    My son has been using a cup with a straw (no sippy cups for us!) since 9 months for water and juice.
    We will continue to nurse until he self weans, but my goal is to make it until he is at least 2.
    I have never had an issue with breastfeeding in public. I nurse wherever and when ever he wants to. I could never get the hang of the blanket over the face thing, I always felt like I was suffocating him. So I don't use a cover.
    The last few months I have only nursed him in public a few times. Usually he only needs solid food and water when we are out.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 5:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My first two we made it till 18 months and they did have sippys or cups and yes we did it in public if they wanted it but by then it was only nap and night time. My youngest son weaned him self at 12 months. He did have a bottle when I was working but when i quite, it was only sippys. It's however you and your child feel. Good luck!
    ice_angel_k

Answer by ice_angel_k at 10:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I stopped at 8-9 months. My schedule wouldn't allow me to continue except once a day. DD was on sippy's by then and she got formula as well.
    Anonymous

• 13 months tomorrow and still going strong! she uses a sippy, sports bottle, cup, or straw for water. she eats small amounts of food throughout the day, but if we are out and she needs to nurse-we nurse. her needs come first before anything else. we are discreet without a blanket/cover. i plan on allowing her to self-wean and am hoping we make it to 2 years, at least! 2 years is what is recommended by every major health organization. babies typically wean between 18-24 months, anything before that is most likely a nursing strike.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• 18 months here. . . rarely out in publich. . . we used bottles mostly while I was breastfeeding and then switched to sippies. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• 13 months and she weened herself. I would offer it and she would slap my boob away. lol I don't mind saying I was a little hurt by that. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2009