Are you poor and happy?

Tell us how you make the best of life

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Actually, I am poor and happy, I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach, good friends and family and the most amazing 13 yr old son ever. We don't live in the best house/area but we do have the basics and that is all we need, Would it be nice to have more money to buy things we want and to go on vacations, yes but that is not necessary. When I do have extra money or someone gives us something, we appreciate it that much more. My son doesn't expect to get all he wants, he knows that he has to work for what he wants.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Right now we are a struggling family. We have been through thick and thin. And we are happy. We are thankful for each other and we lean on each other for support. BTW i was engaged and almost married someone YEARS AGO that had money. We were never happy. I ended up marrying someone who was less fortunate, and I would do it again. Money doesn't mean anything. Material things bought with money can not love you. It takes another loving soul to love you and care for you.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 5:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• lol im poor and stressed. im happy cuz i have a roof over my head...im happy cuz i have a beautiful daughter. im happy cuz i have a wonderful man. but id be happier if i didnt stress over the bills. id be happier if i could afford a few more things...but anyone can be happy but be happier if they had more. ......but in general can i walk around with a smile on my face. yes.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm happy enough. I'd be unbelievably happy without the worries money have brought my family. I would literally have no problems if it weren't for money. I guess I'm fortunate for that.
    Anonymous

• Yep we do struggle right now....but life is not about material things, life is about love and family. We try to focus on the good things we have and each other.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm poor enough to be rich in life and know it, I always say the recession is not for the poor,when you are poor you know how to revise a meal,you know how to make a paycheck stretch week to week,when you are poor you know how to love your family,and appreciate them.So,being poor has made me a very blessed person and know it. Now, please don't think the rich don't love their family,I'm not saying that at all,I'm just saying being poor has made me rich in spirit and truth.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009