Is it bad for your legs to fall asleep while pregnant?

I was sitting 'indian style' for like 15 minutes when my left leg fell asleep. Could that hurt the baby? Is it bad? has it happened to you?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 5:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no it's fine and yes it happens to all pregnant women
    Anonymous

• Just means that the baby is cutting off the circulation at times. Just get up and walk around a bit. That shuold do the trick.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• my legs go numb all the time, its cuz shes putting sooo much pressure on my spine, and i could be walking,sitting,laying around and it still happens,it gets worse the further along u are
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Its actually quiet common as well as swelling your feet,legs, and hands will be. The best way my doctor described it is you have blood pumping down to your legs but there's no pump down there to push it back up so its already hard enough for the blood to make its way back. Now you say you were sitting indian style (my favorite way to sit too lol ^_^). The blood instead of just going straight back up has to go around your knees through your thighs and with the baby in the way around your cervixs. So it has less blood flow. When pregnant its better to keep your legs straight or slightly bent if it happends when your standing your probably locking your knees and leaning back. So keep everything loose and change postition every 30 to 40 minutes. Good luck ^_^
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009