How do you deal with your Autistic child?

mine has anxiety and anger issues too.

Mandy_CA

Asked by Mandy_CA at 5:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I ignore a lot of things, unless they become a direct issue. One night he went off so badly he tore up his room (flipping bookcases, dresser, desk ect). Since he was only hurting his own things, and no one else was involved I chose to ignore it. He stopped when he realized he wasn't getting the results he wanted, and I wasn't fueling his anger/tantrum. The next day after school he came home and righted his room (he is 11 and I wasn't doing it for him). He has not done it since. I pick my battles. he knows right from wrong, and I understand some things he cannot control. If he is anxious in certain situations I avoid the situation. We are going to online schooling this year to avoid a lot of these issues. Good luck mama....you have much on your plate.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2009