is it common...plz read

is it common to start dialating after your cervix starts to soften? i got checked yesterday and the nurse said my cervix is starting to soften, im just wondering if that means ill start dialating soon,im 37wks...

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The doctors told me that my cervix was softening at 35 weeks, and now I'm 38 weeks with no end in sight! Not sure if that's how everyone is, but that's how I've been. Good luck!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My lamaze teacher said when your cervixs starts to soften you got a couple more weeks left. But every pregnancies different as well as if it your first baby she said it could take a lot alonger for you to soften enough to dilate and it also takes longer to dilate then women who have had babies before. The average pregnancy for a first time mom is 40 to 42 weeks and the average labor is 17 to 30 hrs and 45min to and hour of pushing. -_- I'm kinda not looking foward to it lol
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• no it really means nothing. I started "softening" a month before i had my DD. I was 42 weeks and had to be induced I never dilated at all even after tons of drugs to try and get me too.
    Anonymous