im sooooo anxious all the dang time

Im 18 weeks pregnant and im always worried cause I dont feel my baby move yet. Im always wondering if he is okay. I havent been bleeding or anything and everyone is like oh your fine. I wake up on my back a lot, and Ive been told thats bad because of blooc circulation. Then I wonder 'oh gosh he is going to have problems from not getting enough blood while i sleep and have disablities!' aaah I cant stop worrying about it. Did you worry like this? If I could feel him move id be happy knowing he was okay, but as of yet i still cant feel him. How did you deal with these things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• laying on your back doesnt bother the baby till your third trimester for one so your Aokay there! and you are fine in a week or two you will be feeling the baby and then it wont stop lol so just relax take it easy stressing out wont help anything drink lots of water and before you know it you will start feeling that little bundle of joy!
    Anonymous

• if this is your first you aren't alone and whoever told you its normal not to feel anything yet is right. It happens at different times for different women. Do you have an anterior placenta? Sometimes women who do don't feel movements as soon as others would. i would ask them they should know by the u/s you've had. I wouldn't worry too much, worrying is actually the worst thing you can do for your baby. The chemicals that are released in your body when you are stressed are far more dangerous to your baby then not feeling him kick right away. As far as sleeping on your back, its fine, if you wake up that way then just move onto your side. Getting sleep is the most important part not laying awake worrying if you are laying in the right position. I would pick up a book about pregnancy and read that all these things are normal. Maybe take some yoga classes or get a massage to ease some stress. Hope you feel him soon!
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Ok breathe hun. You stressing is going to be worse for him more then anything else. You might have already felt him move and just don't know it. like when you get a twitch that little bump I felt that first every once in a while like every couple of days. Everybodies sensativity is different so this also is a factor. And its completely normal to worry. They say don't sleep on your back after 23 to 28 weeks bc the weight of the baby and cercix will make less blood flow for you making your legs fall asleep or making you dizzy. Try propping yourself with pillows behind your back so you can't roll over. I'm 32 weeks and no matter what I try I end up waking up on my back. Its whatever is comfortable as long as the dr looked the sono seen he is moving your ok. ^_^ but remenber stress is the worse thing for a babym
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• when i was pregnant i had a serious problem with anxiety, i needed zoloft to even me out. but i have mental health issues already so...
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I agree --- Breathe. You may have a small baby, may just be nuzzled inside, maybe just not ready to move yet. No worries! If the docs aren't worried - no reason for you to be!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I didn't feel my baby until 19 weeks and that was where I only thought I felt her. And it was maybe once or twice a day. At 20 weeks I started feeling her regularly. Try putting a pillow behind your back so that when you wake up on your back the pillow is under your right side and hip. Then you are still slightly on the left side.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009