Athletes foot...PLEASE HELP

My 5 yr old has had athletes foot forever it seems like.I took him to the doctor and the meds they gave him dont work.I'm gonna take him back but do yall know of anything that could help?

kat247

Asked by kat247 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Health

• fast actin tinactin? man i've had athletes foot it itches so bad! poor baby!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Bleach all of his socks, and buy him new shoes. The meds might be working, but he could be getting it over and over again from that. Tinactin does work really well for normal athlete's foot, but he may need an antibiotic cream (which I'm assuming the doc already gave you?). Hope he gets to feeling better!!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• along with buying him new shoes and socks soak his feet in peroxide (it will itch and burn for a few seconds but its not a bad burn its just like any cut you pour peroxide on) then either keep using the stuff the doctor gave you or try a strong antifungal cream (usually yeast infection cream woks great) and dont let him go barefoot ANYWHERE because he may be getting it from anyplace he is going barefoot
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009