i want to die

no one cares about me, not even my husband, i am nothing but a maid, and if anything is less than perfect he makes smart ass remarks and in a roundabout way makes me feel like shit. He can clearly see that today i am having a bad day and all he can think about is the mess that the house is in. not his wife who is sitting in the corner crying over nothing nor does he notice the little knicks in her arm. i was in the kitchen doing dishes and crying and instead of trying to comfort me he says your crying? and than just walks away. Ineedhelp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• you don't want to die. You want to find a decent husband. He is being a jerk, and you need to call someone to help you out. Seriously, do you have family in the area that you can go to? A good friend to call and talk to?
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm sorry.i dont really know what to say except he sounds like an ass.Get away from him for a little bit.Go to a friends house/familys house and hang out for a little while.Maybe just gettin away from the jurk will make you feel better.I hope you feel better if you need someone to talk to send me a message.(if i dont answer right away dont feel bad my babys waking up)
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Ummm your husband sounds like a douche and you sound like you need a break. Not cleaning and a couple smart remarks shouldn't make you want to off yourself. Take a drive, tale a walk, get away from him for a while.
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 6:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• If u need help u need to let people know! Not make them guess. He is wrong but so r u
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 6:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• you need to get out of that house & take a break. call your family or a friend that you can talk to & get a way for a while.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 6:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Honestly... WHy put up with a man like that. I assume you have children since youre on this website... They should come before anyone. AND no mother should want to die at all.. Let alone a mother who would die and leave her children with a man like that.
    Anonymous

• yeah, husband is a jerk. you shouldn't base all your feelings on a jerk. i suggest, to make the change from emotionally relying on him to emotionally relying on yourself, do something that would make you laugh. laugh really hard... i wouldn't advise getting so upset that you end up setting fire to his stuff... my ex and i had a hard time talking it out because i couldn't shrug him off and he couldn't listen, one day i snapped and set fire to his stuff. true, it made me laugh and it made him look at me like an equal but we could have reached that point differently.

remember that there are MANY people out there that love you and care about you (like us on cafemom!), you can and will be stronger than this. good luck!
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 6:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• if you REALLY want to die then you should talk to a psychologist. trust me, i know how it feels
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm guessing he's hiding behind the mask of not caring bc he has no clue how to help you. yes it seems simple to us women but men just don't get it. He probably thinks you are hormonal or pregnant. They blame lots of stuff on that bc they don't want to think it's something they did or said. Look up the word Narcissist and see if that describes him. If so, then you'll just have to be strong for yourself. Hold my hand...I'll hang on to you and I'll hang on to the other moms here and we'll hold you until you can get through this.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• hugsp.s. just to make me feel better try taking some vitamin b complex and if you have no medical condition that prohibits using it, ask your pharmacist if they carry 5htp. It's for depression and it's over the counter.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009