help my daughter is 16 and pregnant..

help my 16 year just told me she was 3 months pregnant. is it wrong to feel so angry. the father of the baby is 19. they have been promising to wait until she was 18. i dont know what to do. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• contact a local teen pregnancy crisis center. they will help both of you through this. until then start talking to your dd about her options. good luck.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 6:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i would kill someone. be honest though, were you open about sex with her? American parents tend to ignore the issue while European parents talk openly about sex and birth control and condoms and the rates of teen pregnancy are much lower in Europe.

i dont think there is anything you can do now but be supportive. being pregnant at any age is scary, but being pregnant at 16 when your raging hormones are at their peak already and they are a whirlwind of emotions adding pregnancy to that HAS to be hard.

and if all else fails she can contact MTV and get on 16 and pregnant (that was a joke)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i think its normal to be angry....shes 16 and broke a promise but like scooterpooter said talk to her about her options and help her figure things out
    Anonymous

• Be supportive w/o being over-bearing.

If this 19 yr old is a sleeze, file statory rape on him. If he's a good guy who loves your daughter, give him the chance to step up & be a man.

Remember that although she is only 16, this is HER CHILD. Unless the decisions she makes with this child are abusive and/or illegal, they are hers to make.

That's the biggest mistake I see with parents of pregnant teens --- they overstep their bounds in regards to that mother/child relationship & it drives a wedge.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• id be getting the shotgun out lol
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 6:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It's too bad that she didn't learn effective birth control. Sometimes kids think it won't happen to them. Sometimes they think it is glamorous to have a baby. Your daughter will come through this. She might choose to give the baby up if she doesn't think she is ready, this has to be her decision. Let her know that you still love her and that she needs to be prepared to be a parent, which means providing for her child and learning how to become a good parent. She should be reading about nutrition and child care.

Answer by Bmat at 7:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• anon 6:38, youre a piece of shit. & i think most mothers would agree.
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 7:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• idk.. honestly if it was my DD id want her to adopt or consider abortion but im pro choice but id never kick my child out with whatever she decides
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 7:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Of course at first you are angry. But you need to let yourself be angry for a bit, then start thinking of your dd, she really needs you right now, she needs your love and support. She is carrying your grandchild. It happens...it's already done...you can't change it now. My dd made me a grandma at 35! But my 9 year old granddaughter is my world now! She's really going to need you through alll this.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• ok ur daughter telling u that she was gonna wait till she was 18 lol lol lol that was a lie right off hello she is with a guy older then her u think hes gonna wait to get some.......why the hell didnt u get her on the depo shot?????? yeah she may have lied to u but ur a fool for believeing her dumb fool..........i hope she has twins lol lol lol
    Anonymous