would you apply?

I found a position I want to apply for at a local elementary school. only problem is they want someone who is fluent in spanish. I can't speak spanish to save my life. because of this I wasn't going to apply but df still wants me to because his mom works in the same school district. he says she can get me in... what do you think? should I apply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would. It wouldnt hurt you if you did. The worst that could come of it is not getting the job. Which you wouldnt get by not applying anyway. Plus if you have someone who is going to try and help get you in I would most certainly be trying. :D good luck
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• absolutely. they would prefer someone that speaks spanish, but they cant discriminate against you because you dont. they may end having to hire someone who doesnt speak spanish anyway. so theres no harm in atleast adding your name to the list. esp. if your qualified other wise. just be sure to play up your other qualities!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Doesn't hurt to try!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Sure, can't hurt to apply.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• go for it! what's it gonna hurt?
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 27, 2009