If someone were to put their kids in foster care until they got on their feet,how long would it take them to get them back when they are ready?

Would it be a very long and hard process?Or would it be easy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Two of my aunts did that

one aunt: did it because my uncle died and she didnt have ayway to pay for them. That was about 13 years ago. She hasnt seen her 2 youngest which are now 14 and 15 since their last visitation when she tried to get them back. she sees her oldest now who is almost 18 but her daughter is so dissappointed still so its bitter sweet when they do talk.

My other aunt: put her kid in foster kid. my grandpa got him out, grandparents rights, because he knew that if he found a family they would do what happened with my other aunt. and he still has him and my grandpa would let him move back but she became abusive and her son no longer likes to see her. he's only 6 now
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Oh and my aunts fought very hard to get their kids back but when you give them to the state/county, you are no longer in any control. so remember that. You can quite easily lose your children for good.

and yes it takes years to get you children back...

I know a lot of experience besides my two aunts. PM me is you need anything answered.

GL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• That is a system you don't want to get involved in. Once kids are in that system it is very hard to get them out. I would recommend keeping your kids with you if at all possible, or if not find a family member to take them.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Its better to give custody to family or a friend over foster care...foster care means you have NO control over who or what is around your child, it doesn't mean for sure they are in a better place than with you....ask any mom who was once in foster care, its usually a BAD situation
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't know. That is something I would NEVER even consider. I have family that would help me out. As a matter of fact, I am unemployed right now and need to get back on my feet, and I would never give my child up, having your child with you will make you work that much harder. Also, how do you know your child will be cared for properly? Ask a family member or friend to help you out instead. Go on welfare if that is what you need to do to keep your kid. NEVER give away your child because times are tough, that is just wrong and will confuse the child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009