3 Month Old (Flu)

I have a 3 month old who as I know, isn't sick yet. My husband has been sick with a fever for 2 days now and now I'm starting to feel bad myself. Has anyone else had a baby this young get sick with the flu and been fine? I'm very scared. Is there signs I can look for besides a fever, is there anything I can do for him, and will he be fine? He is just so young and my husband has been so sick and with me getting it, I'm so scared for my son.

momtoblake

Asked by momtoblake at 7:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you breastfeeding? IF you are keep doing that. Even if you get sick. That is the best thing for the kiddo.
    Emi and I had the flu when she was 4 months. It wasn't fun, but she was fine. Lots of sleepless nights, trying to suck the snot out of her nose. Make sure you have baby tylenol around and a nose sucker. Call the pedi if the baby does get sick to get advice and WASH YOUR HANDS. Wash everyone's hands. If your l/o starts vomiting I'd take him to the doctor immediately. ER if the doctor is closed. Hopefully you both will be fine though!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009