ok im 23 weeks along and out of the blue my heart starts to pound and race anyone have this happen? and does anyone know why?

angelbaby25430

Asked by angelbaby25430 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine does it sometimes jumps into my throat it's just the baby moving around on a vien or something if you are worried call your doc and tell them
    Anonymous

• Yes I have had it all through my pregnancy. All though its always good to have it checked. Its quiet common. Your body has almost 2 to 3 times more blood then it normally does. So your heart is trying to keep with all the blood and all the horomones racing through your body all of a sudden. Plus you baby just hit a growth spirt so pushing and sitting on veins making things have to detour. My heart actually skips beats sometimes. The main thing is make sure your drinking atleast 10 cups of water a day. You babies amniotic fluid is flushed out with new fluid every 4 to 5 hrs. So you need to stay hydrated. Also make sure your not changing positions to fast this will also cause problems and make your blood preassure rise making you feel faint. Hope that helps.
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It happened to me too, they said it's nothing to be worried about. Dr said it's "tachycardia" which literally means "swift heartbeat".
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 7:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes, I've had it already at 5 weeks and I had it through my whole first pregnancy... I do have a very slight murmur and they had all that checked with the first one and for me it is nothing to worry about... if it bothers you call your doctor. I did notice if I had too much sugar during the day it would get worse so maybe try to cut your sugar intake?
    Mom2HaydenD

Answer by Mom2HaydenD at 11:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2009