My mil has a tumor the size of a softball in her uterus....

They don't know if it is cancer but she is having surgery tomorrow..I am so scared...my dh is a huge mommas boy and i don't know what to say to help him...he doesnt want to talk about it...any advice on something i can do to help him..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• just be there for him. Don't force him to talk about it. He's dealing with it as he knows how

Answer by admckenzie at 7:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Be there for him. If he wants to talk about it, he will but until then, just be there. My MIL had surgery last year, quintuple by-pass, heart valve replacement, and ablasion. It was a tough time for all of us, she was in the ICU for over a week. The best thing my husband says that I did, was not force him to talk and to do little things for him (bring him a cup of coffee, make him small snacks he could take to the hospital, a shoulder massage when he came back from the hospital... simple, little things). You may try that. Something that lets him know you are there for him. Then, if he wants to talk, let him. Good luck, and I hope everything turns out well for your MIL.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Just be there for him. It'll mean more to him than you realize. My mom had a tumor in her uterus as well! It looked like a volleyball when they took it out. It turned out to be benign. She had a full hysterectomy when they did the surgery. Hopefully your MIL will luck out in the end.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2009