has this happened with anyone else

ok so im in my last couple of weeks of pregnancy, and my nurse said that to help things along it would be fine to have sex, since i havent started to dialate...well my husband doesnt want to! wierd huh? well ive tried everything from seducing to begging and he just is afraid that it will hurt the baby even though ive shown him diagrams and my nurse has talked to him...nothing! has this happened with anyone else and how did u get past it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine was the same way at first when I got pregnant. I just told him you got me pregnant and the doctor said its good for the cervix bc it is it softens so you will dilate faster. And when that didn't work I said that if he didn't do it he wasn't getting none ever again ^_~ and it worked. Yay lol good luck
    LostAngel1986

Answer by LostAngel1986 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm 35 weeks and my husband isn't all that interested in intercourse with me at the moment, either. He's fine with oral - for me and him - but actual intercourse, not as much. He'll do it but I know he isn't as interested as he used to be. We've talked about it and it isn't so much that I'm "fat" (I've mostly gained the weight just in the belly), but it's that there's a baby in the bell and he's seen and felt it actually move. Plus we can only comfortably do it in one position and I am just not able to move like I used to be able to so it's more that I just lay there. So intercourse for him really just isn't as much a turn on as it used to be. I would like to do it more but I know it's nothing personal. Same with your husband. It's just weird to some men to be having sex with you when you're about to deliver their baby. And if you're baby is low enough that your doctor can feel it's head, that can be even more weird..
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• CONT... for them. Even though it's perfectly safe, it can freak the guys out. So don't take it personally and let other types of nature take it's course. Take lots of walks instead, maybe?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Oops I meant to make that Anon as I don't like to go into sexual details without going Anon. Oh well.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I know how you are feeling girl. I think its a guy thing. When I was pregnant with my first child my husband was so freaked out about having sex cause he thought the baby could feel it. He also thought he could hurt the baby. I told him a thousand of times that he couldn't harm the baby in any way. Still uneasy about it I told him let try it ok the doctor says it will help. So, after a little while begging and just about giving up. I said to him I will tell you if I think you are hurting her ok and also I can feel if she is uncomfortable. I will let you know if she is ok! Well when I told him that botta bing botta bomb. Good luck!
    jmorton619

Answer by jmorton619 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• with mine he was fine with having sex, if he didn't feel the baby move during sex, if he felt the baby move (both times) or saw the baby move, it freaked him out and he'd be like omg why's it moving!!! and that usually killed the mood b/c i'd be like are you kidding me? and he'd be like it kicked me!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009