Why does are membership to certain groups on Cafe Mom expire?

Toothfairy25

Asked by Toothfairy25 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I didn't know there was an exp date on groups. Now if you don't participate, the group owner has a right to boot you.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Hi Toothfairy25,

Group Owners and Admins can set the 'Group Membership Maintenance' feature to remove members who have been inactive in the group for anywhere between 30 and 180 days.

The feature will automatically remove members from their group who have not accessed it in a pre-defined period of time. Once a day, CafeMom will clean up the group according to this setting.
    If you have a question about a group you belonged to, you should contat the group owner of that group.

Please let us know if you have any questions by using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any page.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 7:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I don't mind the group expiration thingy. Sometimes they remind me that I haven't posted in a group for a while, so I go to check it out and post.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2009