How Big is too Big for a 2nd Birthday?

My little girl Nisa will be 2 in Nov. I am a single mom and struggle but when it comes to my kids birthdays, I start saving early on. I am throwing a party for her but my friends and some fam think that I should just do Pizza and Cake, just the fam. That is not my type of party, I have always done a medium sized party. For example my oldest daughters 2nd party was the Backyardigans, we had an Italian themed party, there was Pizza, Pasta, Bread, Salad, Cake, Kid cupcakes, decorations, and a pinata. Is that to much? I am not sure if maybe I am going over board??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• for my daughters second it was elmo, we had elmo decorations, cake, dvds playing (already had them just put them on during the party), did finger foods to eat (chicken tenders, pizza, finger sandwhiches, chips, fruit), cake and icecream. as far as games, all the kids coming were her age or younger, so i just set out a bunch of coloring books/crayons, some riding toys etc..and the kids just played while the adults socialized. i'd say i probably spent about $250 for food and decorations, not including her present and we had about 15 people total there (kids and adults)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No, I dont think so. I went way over board for my daughters first bday. I got a bouncy castle, a bubble machine a hotdog machine a snow cone machine. Tons of carne esada, 2 cakes, balloons and decorations. Then I had all of her toys spread across the garden so all the kids could play(2 kids came) lol. I had fun though lol
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 7:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• no thats not going overboard. i'm the same way! i also am a single mother and although my daughter justed turned one last month..i saved up and managed to give her the best party i could. all my family critisize me because i like to go big..but so what! its your child and if you want that type of party and want to give them the best you can thats you! its only a month after her 1st bday and im already thinking and planing for the 2nd haha everything you have planed sounds great! and fun! i'm actually excited for you! haha srry i cnt help it parties are my specialty! lol if you need any ideas just ask! hope all goes well. like they say: go big or go home haha
    DAiiSHA

Answer by DAiiSHA at 8:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009