Does your cat lick bags?

My dam cat licks plastic bags. I don't get it?? She will spend hours just sitting there licking a bag if you let her. Does the bag have a special taste to cats? Does anyone elses cat lick plastic bags?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pets

• my cat doesn't but my dad's cat does and always has. don't know why, some cats just like the feel of it on their tongues i guess. but my cat likes to have the dog "pet" her so i think cats are just weird anyways...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Holy Cow!! I thought I had the only weird cat!! One of ours has done that since he was a baby, I got him from a friend that moved and couldn't take him. When he was real little she was scared to leave a grocery bag on the floor cuz she was afraid he'd get stuck and die. He's lost a bit of weight in the last year or so, but he grew into a 30lb cat (I have pics to prove it if anyone wants to see them - lol) I defy ANY bag to get him stuck. lol There have been times though when he'll get his head stuck through the handle and end up walking around the house with the bag on his back like he's Superman with a cape.
    The first time I found out the did this was in the middle of the night when I woke up and couldn't figure out what it was I was hearing...he just looked at me like I was bothering HIM! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes one of my mom's cats used to do that too. It was so weird lol. But cute.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 7:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My husband's cat doesn't lick plastic bags, but he has tried to eat loofahs (like the ones you wash yourself with in the shower) and any kind of mesh. We can't leave anything like it out because he'll eat it. He'll even try to eat the potato bags!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yup my cat will she will eat sponges also, the lady that cleans puts her plastic glove sin the trash and the cat goes and takes them out. She is wierd though.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• all the fricking time
    Anonymous

• OMG yes!!! Thought I had the only wacko cat that did that!! We have 3 cats and one is a bag-licker!! LOL
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yup our male kitty is an avid bag licker. I am constantly worried he will suffocate himself! He also loves to put his teeth through magazine covers or ads that are of the same material. He just makes little tiny holes over and over again, never tears any off or eats any of it, just punctures it.

Our other cat will tear computer paper into strips(never eats them), likes to lick flat glass surfaces, and has a major melt down(cries and throws herself in your walkng path) if you run water and do not empty and refil her water dish with ice cold water.
    jdouglas111

Answer by jdouglas111 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2009