Are you an easygoing parent or a strict parent?

My daughter is only seven months old (as of today, actually!), and I think I've been a pretty easygoing parent so far. I have my moments, but for the most part her dad freaks out more than I do.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm an easy-going strict parent... confused??- imagine how my grrls feel... lol working on it!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i'd say i'm easy until they hit school age then i get alittle more strict.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 7:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i think when it comes to her getting hurt or trying new things, i'm pretty easy going. after she turned 1 i never rushed when she fell etc, i'd ask if she was ok tell her to shake it off and she'd be fine. if she said she couldn't shake it off i'd go check her out. when it comes to rules enforcing etc, i'm the strict one daddy is wishy washy, depends on how long he's been home (he's navy so he's home for 9 months gone for 6) when he first gets home, she gets away with stuff with him, when he's been home a few months, he gets a little stricter w/her.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i think im pretty easy going, but law down the law when nessisary
    and because of that my son knows he can come to me and he does
    of coures he is only 6, i hope that continues
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I am strict If I say no than don't ask again if I say maybe than that's what I mean if I say yes just know at any time I can and will make it a no if you disobeyme I am a loving mom my kids can come to me for anything and we do a lot of fun things but you will respect me and my house rules at all times

Anonymous

• Since my son is young I am easy going. When he gets older then I will be more strict with him! As much as I NEED to though lol!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We feel being consistent is the key... Then they know what to expect, no acceptions. We don't see it as being strict, we see it as being active parents and not letting anything slide. If they are accountable for their actions as children then they will hopefully carry that with them as they get older.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I feel I am pretty easy going but strict when need be. We play and joke but he knows the rules and if he breaks then he is in trouble!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm an easy going strict parent lol... A little of both. Someone told me once when I was pregnant that the only parenting advice they had for me was "Pick your battles" and that was the best advice I ever got. We have rules and there are consequences when they are broken but I always try and determine if what we are arguing about is really worth the fight. As long as its something that can be compromised on I'm laid back and easy going but with the things that are going to be life lessons or could hurt him I'm strict and I mean business.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• When, you are dealing with babies you are really their teachers,so they won't be out of control kids,and teenagers, I found myself to be more stricter with my 2 older daughters,and they were more obedient,manner-able,they didn't get allowances,they were just good kids,then,I change my discipline ways for the younger three daughters, they got allowances, they didn't get on punishments,but they are so lazy,lol,they always want to go out or shopping,now,I wish I was a little stricter with them. Too many times we think our little kids are too precious or cute to discipline them, I see it all the time,kids having tantrums or hitting their parents,and the parents are just standing there,saying lets use our inside voice,that's not parenting to let your child think it's okay to hit and kick and lay on the floor,pick them up and escort them out the store,and tell him or her,that's not how good kids act.Be consistent,no means no.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009