My husband doesn't have any ambition.

When he has a job, he will stick with it and work, but it's usually a sucky job that has a bunch of loser men there who are perverted, rednecks and DH usually works like a dog for little pay. Right now he's laid off and some family of mine is letting him do a side job a few days a week, but with or without a job we're still just poor. I'm really tired of struggling. In 2 years our income BEFORE taxes has been $21,000. That's not in just 1 year. We've spent a lot of it on our home which we are just now able to move in to. Right now jobs are scarce and not guaranteed anyway. I'd love for him to go to college but I can't talk him in to it. I want to go to, but I'd like him to be the main worker for right now until the kids are older. Nothing interests him about college because you have to use your brain, and he is physical labor type. Do you have any ideas on something your H or another man liked going in to? I need some ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• well if you guys really need the money, why don't you go ahead and get a job for now? if you want to be a Stay at home mom than work when he is off and take some college courses online when you aren't working. if he's not doing it someone has to and that means it falls on you.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Tell him to join the police force. My hubby was the same no motivation but he always said he wanted to be a cop. So I applied to a police department and told him I was gonna be a cop if he wasnt. He got mad and applied, only because I had applied. He graduated I didnt even get accepted but that is what I did to motivate him.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 7:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• How about a technical school/community college - for plumbing, electrician, etc. Or a forklift operator - I've heard they make really good money as well and should be some jobs in that area with the whole stimulus thing Obama pushed through.

Answer by missanc at 9:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I agree with the pp's, trade schools can be very benificial, there are too many college grads these days, and many are underemployed. You may need to take the initiative and look into these programs for him, but there are scholarship programs available. I stay at home now, and go to school online, there are alot of "real" universities with onlne programs.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• you need to do what u can to make your situation better. u can't talk someone in2 having ambition. My SO is the same way. Work at home or find a job w/different hours, school online, get your own savings account that he can't touch- hide it from him if u have to.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 5:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009