When you get down, I mean really down, how do you get back up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Health

• Making myself just get up and get out and go for a walk. A nice, brisk walk in the sunshine. Being out in the sunlight helps so much. Opening the blinds in my house, turning on the lights, turning on music, making myself take a shower and fixing my hair and makeup and putting on clothes, not just around the house clothes, but real clothes. Making myself feel good about myself.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 2:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• rediscover your passions! anything that makes you happy from the past, try doing it again!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• if that does not work seek professional help
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• eat some chocolate
    Anonymous

• just keep reaching up
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Decide that it is unacceptable. I am serious about this. I have suffered with depression for years.
    Go to your doctor, get help. YOU are much to important in this world to have to deal with depression.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Xanax works great for me. So does talking to a friend and just venting and crying. Get into your primary and get evaluated for depression and/or anxiety and a referral to a counsleor.There is nothing wrong with being depressed and needing help. If you are truly depressed, you need help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009