Time off for pregnancy?

My Fh and I are ttc, my last pregnancy I wasn't working at all. Just wondering how long yall had off before or after you had your little one.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The longest I worked was 5 days prior to my due date with DD (baby #3). Then she was 9 days late, lol, so I had 2 weeks to get stuff done. I only worked part time & DH &I worked opposite shifts so it worked for us. I also had a very understanding boss. Without that, I wouldn't have worked as long as I did. I ended up in the hospital for severe dehydration & had to take time off work. I didn't go back to work until she was 2 1/2 years old. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• With my first son I went on bed rest a month before he was born then went back to work 5 weeks after his birth. The with DD we had moved not long after I found out I was pregnant. I didn't go back to work till she was 9 months old. Then with my next son I worked until 1 month to 2 before he was born. I went back to work when he was exactly 3 weeks old. Each time I went back to work is was out of necessity. This go around I haven't worked in 1 year and 6 months. I'm due in November. I hope to not have to go back to work til all my kids are in school. Then I will most likely go back to school myself. I like working fast food(crazy I know) but I'd like to have the chance to do something that pays better that is fun.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i was off work 4 weeks before he was born and 12 weeks after
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I was at work when my water broke so I worked an hour and half before I went into labor. Then I had 8 weeks off because it ended in a C-Section.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I worked up until 1 week before I delivered. I had 11 wks off for maternity leave.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2009