Activities during pregnancy?

I know theres a huge list of dos and donts while pregnant. I was a dancer for over 10 years (jazz/hip hop) and was thinking about starting up again this fall. We are ttc, would it be ok to go back to dancing while prego? It wouldn't involve anything like being thrown into the air, or doing sit ups or anything like that.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• being active is great for pregnant women. You just cant over do it. and if you get tired you must rest. Other than that Im sure it will be great for you
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Usually the doctors will tell you to do what you are use to doing during pregnancy, unless there is a unusual situation.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• as long as it doesn't put too much strain on the belly...and the more you get pregnant and start getting the belly the less you can do. But when you do find out you are pregnant ask your doctor, and they will tell you everything you can and can't do.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• staying active is great, unless your doc has told you otherwise. for my last i did alot of jogging and pre-nat. workouts. but with my twins i wasnt aloud to do anything, i would go and dance.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2009