Do you fear the wind mill farms going in near homes?

with possibility of windturbinesyndrome...look it up at windturbinesyndrome.com
and the possiblity of explosion and falling, ice throws, shadow flicker that can trigger seizures in some people, vibroacoustic disorders, or lightning strikes or fires, do you feel it safe for them to put them near rural residents home no less than 1/2 mile away...(they can shed debris up to a mile!) Would you let your family live in a home 1500 ft or 1800 ft away? Across the US this is happening.. www.windaction.org to investigate more if you don't know about it. I can't believe they want to sandwich my home and my family, does anyone feel the same way?

Ms.Espresso

Asked by Ms.Espresso at 8:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's either that or nuclear. Unless you want to continue to use fossil fuels which will run out at some point.  

Anonymous

• um.... no. Accidents with windmills are far fewer than other energy sources (and with windmills we don't have to worry about what to do with spend uranium rods, like with nuclear plants - yeah, those are a lot more dangerous in my book).
    Anonymous

• I'll take my chances with the wind, thanks!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• BTW, did you know that driving a car is dangerous? Really! You may be in an accident and planes can fall out of the sky and you could have an electrical fire in your home and your hot water heater could explode and your peanut butter may have salmonella and you could break your leg if you fall down the stairs. Everything has risks. Some are worth taking.
    Anonymous

• Florescent lights can cause seizures too, don't see the schools banning them yet.
    Anonymous

• Drunk boaters can get sucked into dam generators, too. Still prefer those to the nuke plants and the everlasting waste
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I guess in light of what people say it seems wind would be the less dangerous...but has anyone done the research? When it comes to the safety, health of your family or your home, I would say set them far enough away from homes and residential areas, but don't take them away.
    Ms.Espresso

Answer by Ms.Espresso at 9:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I have no problem with them. We looked into getting a wind generator to power our house, but it's not windy enough to be cost effective. We are planning to go completely off-the-grid solar, instead.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• mancosmomma, we have the perfect layout and set up for a solar-powered home. I cannot wait for the day we can afford the panels. We looked into wind power but we don't have enough land for that.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• momof3inTN, Our current house is passive solar. We are planning to build one that includes both passive and active solar elements.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2009